Friday, April 20, 2012

Subbing for a Spanish Class

I went to bed yesterday at 8 pm because I knew today would be a busy day.  I am currently subbing for a Spanish class, they are watching a movie about the Mexican Drug War.  It is a charter school and there are only seven students at the most in the class and only 3 arrived.  As I sit here, I think about what school I want to send my kids and want to work with.  I want my students and children to like the school they are at and actually have it worth their time.  I want them to love to learn and feel good about what they are doing.  I used to not understand why my mom would get so upset when we would watch movies instead of learning in school and now it all makes sense.  The reason I liked movies during class was because I was exhausted from school and to be able to take a break was nice.  I wonder though, if instead of just having students aimlessly watching a movie, actually have them do something proactive.  I didn't realize how many schools are really not up to par, according to the school I went to especially.  Teachers who love what they teach and to love their students. The neat thing is I will be able to work for the school before my children go there, so I will know before my children if the education is worth it.  Education is important.  Especially since you spend average 13,112 hours of your life in school that is 18.2 months straight of school day and night.  If you spend that much in school, from 1st grade to 12 grade you want to make it worth your time. Don't you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment